Monday, December 11, 2006

Well, we thought that my favorite family was not going to have to move. But it's looking poorly again. However I find myself not being nearly as upset this time as I was a month ago when we thought they were having to move away. I mean, she's still my best friend and they are still my favorite family, but this time I just feel different. I mean, they might not have to move right away, but pretty much it boils down to this. They will either be leaving in about 3 weeks or in 8 months. Those are the only two options. If he gets the job that we originally thought was his, then they will probably stay until next August which will put them completing one year as youth leaders, and then they will move closer to his job at that New City (until that time he'll be driving 1 hour and 10 minutes to work every day) and they will also change churches to be closer to everything. If he does not get the job in that city, then they will have to move further away. The options currently are one city is 2 hours away, one is about 3.5 hours away and one is 8 hours away. The 8 hour away one is probably not going to be the one they choose because it is where they moved here from and they don't really want to go back there just yet. So, knocking that one out, the job we thought he would get which will put them here until August will make them only about 1.5 hours from here. Oh yeah and there is one more that is 5 hours away. I'm hoping obviously for either the job that is 1.5 hours away or the 3 hour away one. Close enough that I can go down on a Saturday morning and either come home on Saturday night or stay the night for church and come home on Sunday afternoon. But they will either be gone in about one month or 8 months that much is a certainty. Crossing my fingers for the 8 month one b/c then I'll get to keep them here for another 8 months AND they'll only end up 1.5 hours from me!!

Gotta go back to work =)

No comments: