Monday, December 4, 2006

...whatever you have to do to me, don't let me be lost for eternity. Above all else, I must be saved...

What seperates me?

What seperates me from living the way I know I should? What seperates me from worshipping the way my heart truely desires to worship? What am I allowing to seperate me from the way God wants to use my life? I'm convinced that whatever it is, it's not important enough for me to allow it to continue to seperate me. I don't know what God has planned for my life if I will give it totally to Him. I know that what I'm doing right now cannot be all of it. Anybody that God ever truly used had incredible impact on people. Not that they all became great missionaries or great preachers. But they had great impact on the people surrounding them. I've never led anybody to Jesus. That alone is enough to allow me to know that I am not fulfilling God's will for my life.

More importantly, I go back to my first question. What seperates me? Unfortunately I believe it is merely laziness. I think about praying during the week, and then I don't. I think about studying the bible during the week, and then I don't. I often times (and it shames me to admit this) go the entire week and barely even give God more then a passing thought. Then I find myself on my knees in prayer every Sunday asking for forgiveness wondering in my heart if I really mean it, since I am pretty certain that next Sunday I will find myself in the exact same position. Every week I intend to change, and every week I do not. Oh I have some weeks where I do really good...but then after a few good weeks I slip back into complacancy. And I know that we will have ups and downs, but I feel my ups and downs are brought on by me and not by God.

So...what seperates me?

No comments: